Image via Wikipedia
Virtual Conferences have been on the rise. With traditional conferences becoming costlier and time-consuming with long distances to travel, virtual conferences are becoming a reality. Are there advantages? I think so. Imagine the savings on all those travel, stay and meals. Imagine that you can check in and get all brochures that you can look in any time(versus carrying them around).
The conference started on time and I had a seamless online experience. Key-note sessions, Questions and Live real-time answers, Virtual Networking everything was a great experience.
Increasingly, I feel, thanks to social networks and email, the environment is getting better and everyone is getting comfortable with the virtual world. We had some great interactions in the network lounge today.
All these without ever leaving my desk.
The key note sessions were great and had some interesting topics as follows:
Tracking the downward trends in traditional sourcing markets and the rise of pharmerging markets
- Relationship between the increase in quality of Asian suppliers and a decline in Western API industries
- Can India and China remain competitive in light of rising costs?
- Forecasting the future: as more pharmerging markets become established, what does the future hold for traditional pharma markets?
- Will API manufacturing return to Europe?
Kate Kuhrt, Director, Generics and API Intelligence, Healthcare & Science, Thomson Reuters
How Western European suppliers are fighting back to remain competitive
- How are buying patterns changing – the impact of emerging markets in India & China
- Comparing costs: how an increase in competition is pushing prices down and leading to renegotiations of contracts
- What is the value addition offered – New Research, Transportation, Banking Channel & History of Business Relationship
- Exploring the opportunities to increase supplier collaboration across international boundaries to cut costs and pool industry-critical knowledge
How suppliers in Europe are perceived to be offering extra value to keep sourcing business
- Utilising vendor managed inventories (VMI’s)
- Creating long lasting partnerships with your suppliers
- Reducing your time to market
Christian Dede, Strategic Sourcing Manager, Contract Manufacturing, Bayer Healthcare
The need for face-to-face meeting will always be there but a lot more virtual interactions can enhance productivity as seen today in this experimental experience.