When it comes to new technologies or applications around them, we need evangelists to promote them in a generic way. Someone has to be available to show around many aspects of what you need to learn, especially when you have a stiff learning curve. Not everyone has that interests and patience to make it a model for them. Lighthouseinsights.in seems to have that when it comes to #socialmedia. Hence I like them.
Some of us who are in the new space of advising on #social business find it extremely helpful to refer prospects to a neutral place where they can see for themselves what is happening around in the world of #social. I find Lighthouseinsights.in is a good place for such a reference. Those articles render credibility to our arguments on why businesses should become #social.
Further I thought I would share what they (applicable to someone similar to them) can do to contribute more to the business community. The following are my thoughts:
- Continue “more of the same” as it is good work done. I am finding it easier to refer people to read up a lot of examples in one place and also with more relevance to India. They told me that they would cover the whole of Asia as they go by.
- Move to the new #social business news rather than stand-alone #socialmedia strategies. I mean, by #social business, the convergence of #social, #mobile, #cloud and #bigdata.
- Interview regular traditional business people and publish what they think. It would be interesting to listen “for” and “against” #social from traditionalists. It will also help a lot of us fine-tune. Ask traditionalists their pain-points and ask specialists what and how they think #social will solve it.
- Partner a set of #social biz advisors who can blog for you about various aspects. You can use point 3 to create more relevance for this.
- The partner advisors can be used to create awareness programs with various associations, industry bodies and various organizations. Offline promotions will go a long way to gain traction.
- Release white papers and e-books on selected topics, which are handy guides to those who are in need.
- Open a #social clinic where you can match the advisors (specialists of social media, cloud, mobile, bigdata) and business needs (customers) for an exclusive Q&A between both. They already post jobs related to this field.
- Have a sponsored kiosk in physical traditional events to promote awareness.
- Newsletters, Webinars and on-demand workshops.
- You are doing a great job of not promoting tools but examples of business applications with those tools. Kudos and continue with that.
Please do add others that you know who do a similar job of promoting #social with news and examples. It will be useful to refer. It will contribute to the ecosystem of businesses.