When I say digital in this post, digital=Digital tools like smart phones, computer, tablets etc. that can be used with various digital channels for use within a group in a timely, relevant, personal and cost-effective manner.
Transforming your organization towards a digital learning will make you highly successful. I always recommend that an internal start gives you confidence and, during my discussions, I see people prefer the same.
Where to start your digital journey is always a big question. There are too many areas where one can start and paralysis by analysis is often the end-result loosing important time without making a head-start. This post will indicate 5 areas that you can start your digital journey and learn it better.
- Campaigns: Pharma is already used to campaigns. The campaign length varies between 45days and six months depending on what you wish to achieve. Campaign details generally involve products, samples, reports and priorities for that period. Pick digital tools which will allow you to do all the activities of your campaign. Map the campaign parameters with the tool features. You will find that your campaigns are run much better through the digital tools than you ever imagined. This can give you a rich learning.
- Training: Pharma is used to continuous training. They train their marketing people on detailing, soft-skills, reports and product knowledge. These can be done easily and wonderfully with the digital tools available in today’s world. For example, a 2-minutes video-learning pushed through an app reaches people instantly and will be received and learnt better. Imagine the effect of such small doses of training without fatigue.
- Product knowledge: The most important part of a successful company is the product knowledge imparted to their field people who face questions from customers when they go to promote those products. Product references, features and benefits are the other important areas that I can think of. These can be effectively delivered through digital tools and channels for ready-reference and repeated use. This will go a long way in improving the whole image of the company in the market place.
- Communication: The amount of money that is spent and the toil for an effective communication system with reports, feedback and answering queries between the various departments within the company is huge. Digital tools can make it more cost-effective, real-time and bring in a lot of synergy.
- Sales: Finally the sales predictions, forecasts, targets, revisions, achievements and incentives. I am sure everyone will cooperate and be enthusiastic about making these go digital as a company lives and breathes sales systems and going forward with better tools will pave the way for a great transition into the digital world.
So without going all over the place, pick the digital transition using the familiar systems that are already working well. By taking these systems and familiar work-flows into digital tools and combining them with the digital channels, you will make a great start in understanding the efficiency, newer opportunities and pitfalls, if any.
These 5 things will give you a start to prepare eventually to move into a complete digital strategy with your employees, partners and customers.
What do you think? Feel free to comment.