I had said that training programs, with basic content, educating about eCommerce will help rates of adoption.
- The training should start from introduction to Internet, mobile Internet and online market concept.
- Businesses should be taught to think of opportunities.
- They should be encouraged to check with their existing customers and see some proof.
- Seeing their name on the internet will sure encourage them to do this exercise of showing and getting more feedback.
- They can be taught to start from the Contact Page (even their promotion to customers can start here).
- They will see a lot of relevance when they start from this page. They can be taught to spend a few hours everyday online.
- Simple designs, video testimonials can be easily picked up by them while they learn.
- It should be explained that eCommerce can be tried as a part of overall business while they are on the learning curve with limited resources.
- They can use Signage and Hand-outs to promote their presence online with existing customers and/or at their current traditional outlets.
What sellers can do over the internet:
- Learn Internet as a market place
- Learn marketing over the internet
- Learn actual selling over the internet
- Learn to share information
- Collaborate internally (with employees)
- Learn the advantage of expanding markets, if they can deliver over the internet
Factors that could encourage people adopt eCommerce
- Increased sales
- Reduced costs
- Improved customer service leading to increase in sales
- Supply chain streamlining and solving continuity issues
- Overall efficiency compared to traditional methods employed
- Lack of Internet access
- Lack of skilled staff
- Consumer indifference
- Security concerns